Safety Rules for Waterskiing
- Remember these simple rules when in tow:
- ALWAYS wear a personal floatation device (life jacket).
- Have someone other than the driver of the boat act as a spotter. The driver should watch the lake, not the skier.
- Always check your towline before each skier skis.
- Maintain a reasonable, safe speed at all times and keep an alert eye open for other boats and watercraft.
- If “dropping a ski,” be sure to release it near a dock where it can be retrieved immediately out of the way of other boats and skiers.
- Steer clear of docks and away from boats and people who are fishing. Besides being dangerous, people seldom appreciate the wake caused by passing so closely.
Water Skier Hand Signals